Sunday, March 11, 2018

Lent Devotion: March 11


Think about the last time you felt really upset or really angry?  What caused you to feel like that?  Why were you so upset?  I bet it’s because someone else said something to you or someone hurt you?  So often when someone does something wrong to us or when they say something we immediately respond by getting defensive and saying I’m not the problem you’re the problem.

When I was 6 or 7 my older sister Jessica was tired of me annoying her with my toy gun so she took it and hid it from me.  I got really mad and upset with her and we got in a huge fight that lasted for almost a week.  Looking back, now I know I should have apologized and asked Jessica what I could do to stop annoying her so much, but at the time I immediately got angry.

This week we are focusing on trying to reach out to someone else when they upset us or hurt us.  Because when we do that we can actually grow closer to that person instead of getting angry and pushing them away.  Our families are the people we get most upset with probably, because we see them the most.  This week let’s try to show them love and forgiveness instead of anger.

Read: Luke 15:11-32
Discussion Questions:
· How did the father show forgiveness to his son?
· What could the father have done instead?
· Who’s one person you might need to forgive?


No comments:

Post a Comment